Pieris Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: PIRS) is a publicly-traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company with operations in Germany and the United States. Pieris specializes in the discovery and development of Anticalin® protein-based drugs to target validated disease pathways in a unique and transformative way. Our pipeline includes inhalable Anticalin proteins to treat respiratory diseases, immuno-oncology multi-specifics tailored for the tumor microenvironment, and a half-life-optimized Anticalin protein to treat anemia. Proprietary to Pieris, Anticalin proteins are a novel class of therapeutics validated in the clinic and by partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
We are currently located in the IZB in Freising / Weihenstephan and will relocate to Munich / Hallbergmoos (planned for Q4/2019) to accommodate to our growing needs for laboratory and office space. To support the build out and move into our new facility as well as leading and optimizing operations of high-tech laboratories in our current and new site, we are looking for an experienced
Director Facility Operations and Automation (m/f/d)As an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with a hands-on mentality, you will oversee all aspects of facility operations and play a crucial role in executing our automation strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with the external and internal team of technical project leader, engineers and architects responsible for the build out of the new facility
- Plan and organize the relocation of our operations to the new facility
- Participate in all admissions, acceptances and commissioning of the building and the building services
- Ensure flawless operation of facility
- Planning, budgeting and execution of CAPEX
- Interact with external service providers
- Monitor and manage all technical service contracts and ensure timely services and execution
- Responsible for the engineering task on laboratory automation
- Manage interface between laboratories and IT
- Utility management (incl. heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration HVAR) and all aspects of facility management and maintenance
- Regular inspections of all technical equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, safety showers etc.)
- Provide leadership to the local operations and office management team
- Provide leadership to the Pieris team responsible for occupational, biological and genetic safety and work in close collaboration with respective external officers to oversee all aspects of safety, health and environmental protection to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
Degree in engineering sciences or automation engineering, or a related area
3 + years of experience in managing laboratory operations or engineering teams in a life-science or pharmaceutical environment are essential
Skills in planning, budgeting and execution of CAPEX
Track record in laboratory automation
Understanding of respective IT requirements
Training in occupational or genetic safety is a plus
Experience in leading teams directly or in a matrix organization. Providing planning scenarios and driving decisions in a dynamic collaborative environment
Strong organizational and time management skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 120 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation. Each of our employees participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. In addition, we offer each employee the opportunity to participate in a stock savings plan and a stock option program that allows employees to benefit directly from the company's success.
Numerous social benefits such as additional employer-financed company health insurance, free drinks, fruit baskets etc. as well as a bright, friendly and ultra-modern working environment with excellent technical equipment in our new company building in Hallbergmoos (from January 2020) round off our overall package. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.