Pieris Pharmaceuticals is a publicly traded biotechnology company (Nasdaq: PIRS) with operations in Germany and the United States, specializing in the discovery and development of anticalin-based drugs to address validated disease pathways individually and transformatively. Together with our partners, we carry out innovative research in the fields of immuno-oncology, respiratory diseases and ophthalmology. Pieris' proprietary Anticalin proteins are a novel class of drugs validated by clinical trials and partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced
(Senior) Scientist (m/f/d), Yeast Display
We are seeking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated scientific leader for the development and implementation of yeast display platform within the Selection Technologies group. You will be responsible for driving the establishment of this technology within the Pieris‘ Discovery Department and work in close collaboration with other groups within a multidisciplinary environment.
- Establish and set up yeast display laboratory for selection of Anticalin protein scaffolds and antibody-based formats
- Yeast culture, library construction and selection
- Design and perform assays to screen for desired characteristics and activities
- Responsible for the yeast laboratory and technical supervision of 1-2 team members
- Regularly present data in internal and external meetings
- Provide scientific support for the preparation of publications and patents
- PhD or equivalent degree in biological sciences or related field
- Experience with yeast culture and sorting is a must
- Molecular biology techniques for the library construction
- Experience with high throughput sequence analysis is a plus
- Experience with automation is a plus
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to facilitate internal/external interactions
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 120 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation. Each of our employees participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. In addition, we offer each employee the opportunity to participate in a stock savings plan and a stock option program that allows employees to benefit directly from the company's success.
Numerous social benefits such as additional employer-financed company health insurance, free drinks, fruit baskets etc. as well as a bright, friendly and ultra-modern working environment with excellent technical equipment in our new company building in Hallbergmoos (from January 2020) round off our overall package. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.